JUST GOOGLE US TO VIEW OUR VIRTUAL TOUR
Situated in the foothills of the Central Drakensberg mountains, in the beautiful Champagne Valley, are the totally unique Zulu Hut and Inkunzi Cave. Rock finish inside and out, with rock paintings and carvings on the walls guarantee you an all African experience. To complete this African experience, we now have our very special Squatter Shack called Diddly Squat !
Relax with sundowners in the attached rock pools as you take in the stunning views of Champagne Castle and Cathkin Peak. Tar roads lead all the way to this private estate in one of the safest parts of the country.
is built and decorated as a genuine San cave. It sleeps 1- 2 couples comfortably. The bedroom has a stunning rock bath and toilet en suite. The lounge/kitchen area has a comfortable double sleeper couch and its own toilet and rock shower. Glass doors open on to a large rock swimming pool. Bushman carvings and etchings on the walls, as well as amazing views, provide a truly spiritual experience.
The Zulu Hut
has a traditional Zulu theme and is ideal for 1-2 couples or a family of 4. It has a separate bedroom with double bed, and a single bed suspended from the roof above the sleeper couch in the lounge/kitchen area. Peep at the mountain through a crack in the rock whilst enjoying a hot shower or relax on your bed and watch the changing moods of Champagne Castle and Cathkin Peak.
is our newest unit, decorated in true “squatter” style. Situated in a private corner of the property, Diddly Squat has a double bed in a bed-sit type dwelling, with en suite shower and toilet. Keep warm with amazing old wood stove, or lie on the bed and look out at the mountain. It sleeps only 2 people. No children allowed. Contact us for more details.
All 3 units are fully equipped for self-catering.
Full DSTV is provided in the Cave and in the Hut.
Please note that the pools are not fenced.
Nearby attractions include:
- Drakensberg Boys' Choir School (concerts Apr, Nov & every Wed. Pm during school terms, except if they're on tour)
- Falcon Ridge Bird of Prey Centre
- Reptile Centre
- Champagne Sports Resort and Monks Cowl Golf Courses
- Helicopter flips
- Excellent restaurants
- Horse riding
- KwaZulu Weavers Rug & Candle factory, and Garden Centre
- The Oaks Supermarket and Petrol
- Hikes up the mountain from Monk's Cowl.
- Valley Bakery, Coffee Shop and Art Gallery
- Thokozisa Tourist Centre and Restaurant
- Four Rivers Adventure Centre for river rafting, archery, quad bikes etc.
- Champagne Castle Adventure Centre at Dragon Peaks Park for abseiling, kloofing etc.
- Spioenkop Nature Reserve to view large game (35km)
- Drakensberg Canopy Tour