Do you long for the peace and tranquility of the wild coast of Mozambique?
Southern Cross offers you the ultimate getaway from the hustle and bustle of
crowds, towns and the usual tourist venues!
We offer you the ideal location for a self-catering "in the wild" holiday on the unspoilt coastline and dune forest of the Mozambique coast.
Self-contained, serviced beach home a pebble's throw away from the lake.
Sleep and wake to the sounds of the surf - take long walks on the beach - Kayak on the sea or lagoon - indulge in bird or dolphin watching - and languish under the majestic night skies of the Southern Cross.
We are situated on the first dune with the beach in front and a lagoon behind.
Southern Cross (Unit 109) is a 3 bedroom, 8 sleeper house.
1. The main bedroom has a queen-size bed.
2. The second bedroom has a queen-size bed.
3. The loft room has two single beds.
4. There are 2 bathrooms, each with shower, toilet and basin.
5. There is a spacious, open-plan kitchen/living area.
6. The units are serviced and cleaned daily.
7. Our kitchen is fully-equipped.
- The last 10km are through thick sand and a 4 x 4 is a necessity.
- No linen is provided and you will be required to bring your own. (Only duvet inners and pillows are supplied)
- This house is not suitable for small children as there are high decks.
Things to do and see
Some of the activities available during your stay at Southern Cross include the following:
Whale watching from the comfort of your deck (Winter months);
Long, lazy walks on the beach;
Kayak on the lagoon (bring your own kayak);
There is always a sea breeze, resulting in near-perfect conditions for kite flying;
Snorkeling off the reef for the more adventurous;
Relaxing or swimming at the beach (The nearest "swim-friendly" beach is a 5-minute drive);
Watch magnificent sunsets
Fresh produce and a few essentials can be bought locally (+/- 20km).
The closest restaurant is approximately 40 minutes (18km) from Southern Cross. They will serve you a good meal, providing you book a day in advance. They have a fresh water splash pool as well as a beach bar where you can enjoy the meals and drinks.
Freshly baked Mozambican bread can be bought at the neighboring resort approximately 5 minutes from Southern Cross. Please ensure that orders are placed a day in advance.
Please note that the nearest supermarket is located in Xai Xai and approximately 120km from Southern Cross.