Pelican's Nest Holiday Home St Lucia is a beautifully decorated, spacious, comfortable and relaxing, three bedroom, two bathroom, air-conditioned self catering house situated in a quiet street with easy access and walking distance to the beach, restaurants, supermarkets and the rest of town, which makes Pelican’s Nest St Lucia your best choice for a family fun holiday!
The house has a lovely sparkling pool and entertainment area with sliding doors leading out from the living room onto the patio where you may enjoy a sundowner or BBQ/Braai with family and friends while watching the children having fun in the pool! You will simply experience the true tranquility of the quiet and serene garden together with an abundance of bird life in and around the house. An enclosed jungle gym with slide is provided at the back of house for the little ones to play on.
The main bedroom has a Queen bed with an en-suite bathroom (shower only). The 2nd bedroom has a Queen bed, and the 3rd bedroom has two single beds which can also be made into a King-size bed for a couple. All bedrooms are air-conditioned. The second bathroom has a bath and a shower. The house has a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, comfortable lounge area with air-conditioner, DSTV hotel package with 28 channels as well as a DVD player. The house is serviced daily. Free WIFI internet access and parking with 2 garages available. Two additional sleeper couches are provided in the sun / reading room.
Children under 12 years of age pay half price. Children under 2 years of age stay free of charge. For us to provide a camping cot will be R20 extra per day, if you would like to bring your own camping cot for the little one that will be perfectly fine. Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by Management.
Whether you are spending a night, a week or a month, you will be welcomed to Pelican’s Nest St Lucia with real hospitality, friendly and helpful owners ensuring your privacy and comfort. We always strive to ensure that our guests leave with a smile, cherished memories and wonderful experiences of our beautiful little town!
We trust that our guests will enjoy a fun filled, comfortable, relaxing and memorable holiday at Pelican's Nest St Lucia – your new Home away from Home!
The iSimangaliso Wetland Park in St. Lucia was listed as South Africa’s first World Heritage Site. LakeWe trust that our guests will enjoy a Fun Filled, Comfortable, Relaxing and Memorable holiday at Pelican's Nest St Lucia – your new Home away from Home! St. Lucia is 80 kms long and 23 kms wide at its widest point. Home to over 800 hippos and 1200 crocodiles, this dynamic system hosts large flocks of pelicans, flamingos, ducks, waders, a variety of fish and other aquatic species. The greatest congregation of hippo and crocodiles in South Africa can be found here!
There are many activities to keep you and your loved ones occupied with in and around St Lucia:
- Deep sea fishing, salt water fly fishing.
- Snorkeling amidst the subtropical coral reefs at Cape Vidal.
- Whale and dolphin watching.
- Turtle tracking – Leather Back and Logger Hear Turtles.
- Hippo and crocodile boat tours.
- Morning and night drives.
- Half day and full day games drives.
- Khula Cultural Tours and sightseeing.
- Kayaking on St Lucia Estuary Lake.
- Bird watching: Self-guided or guided.
- Visit crocodile farm.
- Visit cheese farm.
- Bicycle hire from thompsons tours.
- Hiking trials: Self-guided or guided.
- Beach/game horse riding.
- Golf, tennis and squash at Monzi Country Club (Not far from St Lucia).
- Cane Cutters Bird Park.
- Bowls in Dolfyn Street St Lucia
- Paintball fun.
- Nature trails: Self-guided or guided.
- Visit Wetlands Creations / Windmill Cafe.
- Geocashing Treasure Hunt.
- Visit Bats Cave at Mission Rocks.
- A variety of restaurants, surf shops, photo shops and curio shops are available.
- Relax at the beauty salon.
- Visit The Village Trading Post at Umfolozi..
- Visit Emdoneni Cat Rehabilitation Farm, Dumazulu Cultural Village and bird park at Hluhluwe.