Bucks Haven Lodge is a comfortable and homely lodge between Hluhluwe and Mkuze towns. Situated close to the national highway (N2), the lodge is easily accessible, perfect for a convenient stopover between Kruger National Park and Durban, or as a base to explore the area. We are an hour’s drive from the Golela (Swaziland border post). The area boasts major attractions such as the Hluhluwe/Umfolozi and Mkuze Game Reserves, Sodwana Bay and St. Lucia.
Bucks Haven is located on a small game farm with Nyala, Impala, Warthog, Red Duiker and abundant birdlife.
The lodge offers comfortable accommodation in wooden chalets with en-suite bathrooms. Each room is fitted with air-conditioning, ceiling fans and tea/coffee facilities.
We have five rooms with either twin or double beds. Two rooms are fitted with a kitchen.
The rooms are serviced daily.
Activities in the area:
- Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Rerseve - we are 35 km’s drive from Memorial Gate. You can either drive through the reserve on your own time or we can book a 3 hour open vehicle 4x4 drive for you (minimum of 4 people).
- Mkuze Game Reserve.
- St. Lucia Wetlands Park.
- Sodwana Bay.
- Advantage Hippo and Croc Tour on the St. Lucia estuary – this is the best way to explore St.Lucia estuary, from aboard the luxurious double deck passenger ferry. This is a two hour boat cruise with a guide.
- Elephant interaction – meet Rachel and Rambo and feel, touch and feed them whilst learning interesting facts about elephants.
- Zulu Croc Reptile Park – Zulu Croc offers an hour and a half snake and crocodile experience, also with restaurant and “snake-o-zeum”.
- Cat rehabilitation program – daily guided tours and amazing walk with tame cats and photo opportunities.
- Ilala Weavers – museum and craft village, situated just outside Hluhluwe town.