Fordoun is an award-winning boutique hotel and spa is easily accessible off the N3, just 90 minutes from Durban and four hours from Johannesburg.
Imaginatively converted from an 1860s farmyard, dairy and homestead, each bedroom and suite is individually styled, highlighting the historical past. Luxuriously appointed rooms feature king-size beds, underfloor heating, mini bar, tea tray, WiFi, TV and DVD player. Five romantic private suites on a hilltop boast panoramic views of the majestic Drakensberg mountains, walk-in dressing rooms, gas fireplace, and indoor and outdoor showers.
The charming new Farm Village welcomes families with modern self-contained cottages around an idyllic village green, perfect for picnics or perhaps an impromptu game of cricket. Children delight in visiting the farmyard animals and trying their hand at fishing. Each chalet is well equipped with fully fitted kitchen, fireplace, Dstv, DVD player, barbecue and serviced daily.
With panoramic views of the Drakensberg, in a tranquil country setting the feeling of romance is almost tangible. Easily accessible from both Durban and Gauteng, Fordoun has all the makings of a spectacular wedding venue, boasting superb facilities, accommodation and activities to ensure an unforgettable, stress free wedding experience.
Our stunning new venue and chapel are ideal for an elegant stylish country wedding accommodating up to 200 guests. The newly renovated barn situated at the Fordoun Farm Village with breathtaking views of the majestic Drakensburg Mountains, is equipped with a kitchen, reception, a serving area, lounge, two bars, a dance area, stage fireplace and toilets.
Serene pastoral countryside, dams and meandering trails beckon walkers, cyclists and fly-fishing enthusiasts. Heightened appetites are satisfied by fine gourmet cuisine prepared with seasonal farm produce and the freshest local ingredients in the fine dining restaurant, Skye Bistro. Fordoun’s renowned wellness spa features indoor heated pool, outdoor pool, floatation tank, rasul, vichy shower and more. Spa lovers revel in the many tempting treatments, combining international ranges and uniquely African products made from Zulu traditional healing plants grown in the indigenous garden. Make an appointment and be inspired by Dr Elliot Ndlovu, traditional African Healer and Inyanga. Golf, horse riding, and hot air ballooning nearby.
SUPERIOR MOUNTAIN FACING
Unique Selling Points
1. Five- star, award winning boutique hotel and spa with a self- catering area (9 units) which are family and dog friendly.
2. Family owned and managed
3. Location – easy access to main airports ie Durban (1 ½ hours away) and Johannesburg (4 hours away)
4. Offer a variety of activities ranging from outdoor (hot air ballooning, fishing, trail running, MTB cycling, cultural/battlefield tours) to indoor (spa)
5. World class spa offering pampering and pure relaxation to an appointment with our African Traditional Healer, Dr Elliot Ndlovu, Inyanga (medicinal healer) Sangoma (Traditional Healer).
6. Personalised service, excellent cuisine focusing on seasonal, locally grown and produced fresh products.